Friday, October 17, 2008

In deep waters..trying to stay afloat.

Its very difficult to be happy these days. I can't afford a genuine smile amid what is going on around me.Yet another day has passed, and the wait goes on.A wait for my future employer. Few weeks back i used to laugh at the apprehensions shown by a friend of mine, over whether he will be able to stay at the company or not, with job cuts in IT market showing up regularly nowadays. Now, being engulfed by the economic downturn all around, i do really have started to reciprocate his feelings slowly. Forget about being fired, i am now bothered if any chance of such a situation will arise afterall. I atleast did not have any thoughts about it anyway.But when even some IIT students get regret letters from their prospective employers even before joining, then its certainly something fearful to think about.The news about this , carried by TOI on their front page today have really shaken me up a bit.
Anyway, my changed attitude towards life over the years is helping me to keep myself unfazed by all this. I am trying to live in the present and not crying over what is not in my hands. Preparing for the D-day on Nov 16 th is the foremost passion which is keeping me busy , alongwith a recently developed interest over politics. I feel utterly shameful about the fact that I didn't bother to care about the political scenario of my country in the past.Whatever it is, i do intend to make amends for that from now on. Anyway, i don't know how to interpret the drama we just visualized until now over the reinstatement of 1900 odd sacked employees of jet airways.It looks to be a good reason to celebrate for those people.But certainly the picture is not without some inside politics.Well ,Mr. Goyal says he had a 'conscience call'.He couldn't apparently face the trauma of his sacked employees. Well,he means to say that a businessman of his stature acts practically one day and resorts to his emotions the very next day.But of course we people are not going to buy into it. As very logically pointed out by a friend of mine, may be some aviation fuel subsidy has been offered to him. Although it looks highly unlikely after i read today that fuel companies haven't agreed to his demands so far as he has defaulted thousands of crores on them till date.
May be the govt have come out internally with a bail out plan ,who knows.
But whatever be the reason, i have been extremely disturbed by the way the MNS party chief Mr. Raj thackrey has gained political mileage from this whole fiasco.The way this man is carrying out his ideology of regionalism in Maharashtra has left me seething with anger over why this man is still roaming free! He doesn't advocate for the common masses, instead he tries to use the regional boundaries in his favour and threatens to widen them even more with his vested interests. His recent outrage against Mrs jaya bacchan for his alleged UP attachments were beyond any level of comprehension. As far as this recent jet crisis is concerned what role did he and his party workers played will become very clear if you read this small article below:
http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/oct/17air2.htm
Seems so childish, isn't it? but Mr. Thackrey have accomplished his job.He have already received the accolades from the re-employed employees.He has become a 'saviour' to them.
I have always visualized myself as a Indian citizen 1st , a Bengali next, for which I have received quite a bit of flak from the people i am close to. But i don't care.Because i know that the true development of a nation is only possible when we estrange ourselves from all our regional boundaries and become ONE as a nation.But this self-centered man is oblivious to all such ideologies.
I have many more ideas to share about this Regionalism vs Nationalism issue which i will surely do very soon.
With all these misery around,the only solace i could find was from our very own Sachin's achievement today. He stands on top now! The great actor Tom alter, signed off with a beautiful statement that 'when Sachin is in full flow,watching him feels like nothing can go wrong in your own life!' Truly speaking, i have never felt the same kind of thrill in watching a masterful innings from any other batsman in the world , the way i feel watching Sachin play, even today! way to go Sir!!
And last but not the least, the week has ended and the weekend is here again. With my previous mock score having helped me regain my self-confidence just in time, I prayed for Saturday to come at the earliest, to try my hands on yet another mock! lets hope that i can again push myself up for the final phase leading to the most important test of character of my life so far! :)

1 comment:

Subhra Das said...

markets crashing ,meltdown ,recession are all I can hear. Still waiting for my IT employer to call me. I feel like knocking on their door and asking ,"do you remember hiring me last year in the campus placements?"